My thoughts are empty and chaotic all at the same time, unable to think of a post. Then I got tagged by my lovely young friend, Eliza, on her thought-provoking blog Journey to Life. Eliza always signs, ‘Love, Light, Glitter,’ which invariably makes me smile. It never ceases to amaze me how many diverse friends I have through WordPress, connected through our love of words, emotions and images. We connect despite a disparity in age, lifestyle and often language. You can tell how old I am when I say that the title of this tag/post is bothering me – I want to know you better? Grammar is so important, girls! (In the voice of Maggie Smith in The Prime of Miss Jean Brodie). In a brief interlude with fame, my friend and I were asked to interview for the BBC Scotland series that followed the original film. We were loveys in the Drama Group but both declined because college was beckoning. Most of the younger schoolchildren in that second series attended our drama-loving high school.
I thought the questions in the second part of Eliza’s post were intriguing enough to inspire a post.
- If I were a politician I would be – honest. I think it is really that simple but I doubt I would ever be a politician. I can only imagine what the media would make of my mental health, ‘interesting’ family and ex-con father. On the other hand, could it be worse than what we have?
- If I were a writer I would be – successful. With a Kindle book, a blog and published articles, I am a writer of sorts. In the past I imagined I would be science fiction author who would make millions incorporating aliens and romance. My next medication might help that happen…
- If I were a book I would be – a self-help guide. I long to nurture anyone that comes close to me and have always sought jobs that are ‘helping’ in nature. But in my head I would prefer to be a Courtesan, so that might be a 50 shades novel?
- If I were a chat show host I would be – hilariously funny. A female version of Craig Ferguson, perhaps?
- If I were a criminal I would be – endearing? I doubt that I could be a criminal other than by accident. See below.
- If I were a religion I would be – (lapsed) Catholic. In my youth I rebelled against my restrictive religious upbringing but now I have relaxed into an appreciation of my culture/faith. My moral code is mostly informed by Catholicism with some common sense. Heavens, I don’t sound like Courtesan material, eh?
- If I were a mythical beast I would be a Selkie! Selkies are a Celtic combo of a seal and mermaid that can turn into a human. They are cute and furry, just like me, with a touch of naughtiness. Maybe I could be a Courtesan/Selkie?
- If I were a Disney character I would be – Donald Duck. You should hear my impersonation. Children either laugh or run off crying when I start mumbling unintelligibly like a Drunk Donald Duck. Teddy thinks I should enunciate better and that makes me do it more just to annoy him.
- If I were a drug I would be – Prozac. That drug was truly made in my image!
- If I were an animal I would be – a lizard. Despite living in the subtropics, I am always cold. I am writing this with a fleecy dressing gown on – it is 100 degrees outside. My feet are cold but the air con is at 78 degrees.
- If I were a piece of food I would be – a yellow mango. Sallow skin but deliciously sweet on the inside.
- If I were an illness I would be – Anxiety! Tense, edgy, scared.
- If I were a mood I would be – blue. The color of my feet right now…
- If I were a vacation resort I would be – anywhere that is not a resort. I like to think of myself as a Salt Lake – intriguing, healing and usually remote. They are a little stinky but so am I when I use my Sulfur wash.
- If I were a pattern I would be – Paisley. A little old-fashioned, with a Scottish accent, but chic, too.
- If I were a tree I would be – an Oak. Steady, balanced with feet planted firmly in the soil; nurturing so many critters in my branches.
Thank you to Eliza for giving me something to smile about! Love Light Glitter!