This is the real Christmas letter that I send to our friends and family – enjoy!
The title is deceptive – it was just to lure you in. The truth is that not much has changed from last year. Here are the best bits
- Andy turned 60 years old in April. He is just as grumpy and annoying as I thought he would be.
- I am horribly hormonal and bark orders at my poor senior spouse. Zits and wrinkles. Piss and vinegar.
- We went to Mobile, Alabama, to celebrate the above senior’s birthday and it was wonderful despite back seat driving.
- We are both working – enough said.
- Andy traveled to California, Florida, Georgia and South Carolina. Kerry went to Mexico, Nevada and Arizona. I ticked the Grand Canyon off my list and it was the trip from hell.
- WE GOT A NEW REFRIGERATOR IN BLACK STAINLESS STEEL. So much anticipation and excitement only to find it just keeps food cold.
- There were no hurricanes in Houston. There was a tropical storm on one of my VERY LONG work trips across the south of Texas.
- MILLENNIALS! That references the previous point. There are no Starbucks in rural Texas; deal with it.
- Andy is about to exhibit some of his wonderful photographs on stretched canvas.
- Kerry still writes nonsense on her blog and this year the fairy stories were popular but her fashion blogs even more so. Que?
- We both had new DNA tests to clear up some anomalies. Andy has found some biological relatives in – wait for it – PETERHEAD!! I am still Mexican and Irish. I like Tequila and potatoes.
- Kerry reduced Andy’s blood sugar levels – YAY! Some of this involved barking orders about food choices but now he is no longer pre-diabetic.
- We watched a lot of Netflix.
Kerry’s hormones have balanced somewhat and I have stopped barking orders at Andy… ❤ We had a lovely evening showcasing Andy’s photos that we would like to exhibit in 2019. Andy has been successful at selling some photos through Getty Images over the last few years, so this is a fun new adventure.
Andy is standing next to his piece de resistance, a 12 image composite of Arches, a natural rock formation, in Utah. It is taken without a tripod – the composites are both horizontal and vertical. Doesn’t he look slim and handsome for a 60 year old senior; all that hormonal barking has paid off? 🐕
One of the images is Kerry’s; the crow in silhouette at the Western Rim of the Grand Canyon in Arizona. This was on the aforementioned trip from hell to Grand Canyon. At least I got a good photograph out of it and potentially funny blogs in the future. I have taken a break from the blog but hope to get back to it soon.
WISHING ALL MY FRIENDS AND READERS HOPE, HEALTH AND HAPPINESS IN 2019
This is just for Leah – our forests look exactly the same. This was taken at Lake Bedias in Texas just after Thanksgiving. The sign at the start of the forest tells us to watch out for snakes, alligators, bobcats, coyotes (but no lions, tigers or bears…oh my!)