Kerry wearing her favorite Max Studio dress from some years ago with a rust crochet topper and matching BOC shoes
It is my
57th 37th birthday today and I have a new hair color to celebrate. It was also our 35th wedding anniversary yesterday so last week I decided to try a new hair color at home and have my hair cut. Every manufacturer of hair color is different so even if you choose the same color and number #, it might tint your hair an unusual shade. It did…
In the photograph above you can see more of the color underneath – it came out dark blonde, almost brown. There was no panic because at least it wasn’t green but I thought, “why don’t I try frosting/highlighting the brown?” Off I sped to CVS and spent less than $20 on a L’Oreal frosting kit in Iced Champagne. They very cleverly color the frosting blue so that when you apply it you can see the highlights more easily. I started out with the little brush and quickly moved on to just using my gloved fingers with two mirrors to see the back of my head.
To my astonishment, it turned out really nicely and even my hairdresser complimented me. She cut it to accentuate the highlights. I will probably color it all over with a lighter blonde when it next needs done but might try this technique on occasion. Teddy took these photographs at the weekend and we had great plans to go out to dinner on the 19th but we are both sick! Both of us have headaches and nausea so spent our anniversary watching the latest Game of Thrones in pajamas with very bland food. Ah well, on the bright side I will have kept off the weight that I have struggled to lose and my bras will still fit!
He had a six pack…
My lovely husband is 59 39 today… The handsome blondish guy above is a photo of him in Norway when he was really younger than 39. What a looker! He deserves to be spoiled on his birthday for so many reasons but #1 is that he loved his nutty mother in law. We came as a package, as I was her long distance caretaker. Her mental illness made her behave very strangely at times. She would beg us to visit but then be overwhelmed by day 2 or 3. To illustrate this she would take all the sofa cushions off, leaving us to sit on the hard base. It drove my aunt and me to distraction but Teddy just put them back on the sofa and pretended nothing had happened. When she was well, she was absolutely hilarious, full of fun and laughing at both ends. I have inherited that charming and yet unique trait, along with her looks, her mental illness and a good sense of humor (just as well, really…)
I love Teddy for the following reasons –
- He loves me (Bunny) despite the mental illness, dodgy hoo-ha and lack of estrogen
- He makes me laugh; really laugh. We were a great double act at the bank last weekend. Teddy has a stronger Scottish accent than me and the teller was having some difficulty with the glass and his lack of enunciation so I kept translating. I told the bank teller that I was a translator for the mentally disabled. She fell about laughing.
- He goes to work to provide for me (mostly healthcare but I like to eat sometimes) and he always has. At least I am a skinflint…
- He smells amazing. Teddy has a penchant for expensive scent and our current favorite is Luna Rossa. His natural body smell is lovely too and the late Mrs. Stripe used to suck his used underwear (like a Tom Jones fan). I don’t go quite that far but I do like a whiff of male sweat.
- There is always some lady with a crush on him but he seems to prefer blonde with a touch of crazy.
- He loves cats (perhaps that should have been #1). Our feral cat, Katniss, has decided that she will wait for ‘Dad’ to come home to feed her. Ungrateful little slut!
- He cries when he watches soppy movies like Despicable Me and insists that we buy the first soft toy that we handled in case it feels neglected (WTF?). He bought my mum teddies from all over the world including the cutest little Harrods teddy with an Aran sweater. I still have the damn things in the attic because she made me swear never to get rid of them. In case you are reading this, Mum, they are all happy together with enough room to breathe…
- When he is drunk, he writes me beautiful little love notes that I keep in my lingerie drawer. The term ‘lingerie’ is pushing it.
- He loves me despite my unsexy, holey knickers…
- He thinks I have a great figure but his eyesight isn’t so good.
A tip for older single ladies – date the silver foxes. They will see you through an elderly, rose tinted mist.
HAPPY BIRTHDAY TEDDY!
Teddy and Bunny in Fredericksburg a few years ago